Try Living With Lucie
I Tried 5 Days Of Meal Prep — & Here's How Much It Cost
Start by mixing 2 cups of coconut milk with 1/2 cup of chia seeds. Next, add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Add a drizzle of the sweetener of your choice (honey, maple syrup etc). Once it's all combined, pour your chia pudding into individual mason jars and refrigerate.
Spiralize about 1 large zucchini per serving or buy them already spiralised (for meal prep, keep the noodles raw. If you cook them in advance, they get soggy. So keep them raw, then just heat up in a pan when ready to eat). Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Make Pesto Sauce- recipe below. (You can always buy pesto, instead). Cook shrimp (simple salt pepper and EVOO, sear 1-2 minutes on each side until pink! Grab your tupperware, and you're all done!
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 hemp seeds
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp salt
2 cups basil
2 cups spinach
2/3 cup olive oil
Freshly ground pepper
Squeeze of lemon juice.
1. Add pumpkin seeds, hemp seed, garlic, salt, basil and spinach to a food processor or blender.
2. Pulse to grind up mixture.
3. Slowly add olive oil through the lid of the food processor while it is on and running.
4. Add fresh ground pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice, to taste!
1/2 cup All Natural Peanut Butter
1 15 oz. can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
2 tbsp Honey (to make Vegan, use another 2tbsp Maple Syrup)
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Baking Powder.
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 8x8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
3. Blend all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a food processor until smooth
4. Pour the mixture into baking dish and spread evenly.
5. Sprinkle with desired amount of chocolate chips! (Or if you would like to mix some into the batter, go for it!) If you like sweet/salty flavor, like I do, sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over the top.
6. Bake for approximately 18 minutes.
7. Let cool and cut into squares.
Cook rice according to package. Grill your chicken, using cumin, paprika, garlic powder and chilli powder. Cook black beans in diced red onion with cumin, garlic, chilli powder. Add salsa, avocado, corn, romaine, cabbage and Jalapeno.
Preheat your oven to 200°C. Drain and rinse 2 cans of chickpeas, and dry them by patting them with a towel. In a large bowl, mix chickpeas with drizzle of olive oil, 1tsp cumin, 1tsp paprika and a pinch of cayenne (if you like it spicy).Bake for 25-35 minutes, shaking them up after 15 minutes.
1 sweet potato
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp curry powder
1. Preheat Oven to 200°C.
2. Cut sweet potatoes into sticks.
3. Toss in large bowl with a dash of olive oil. Add spices. Toss.
4. Arrange on baking sheet w/ parchment paper.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Flip. Bake for addition 5-10, until appears crispy.
About Try Living With Lucie
Refinery29's Lifestyle Host, Lucie Fink, dives headfirst into social experiments, 5 days at a time. Manhattan's very own Millennial survivor-woman is willing to try it all and see what she learns along the way -- testing her mental and physical strengths. New to the city, she is asked to shut off her cell phone for the following work week and then spend a limited $50 the next. Do you know how much the subway costs now-a-days? It's time to watch and learn with Lucie.